This testament is dedicated to all those who express learning through a spectrum of experiences, curiosity, loving kindness, respect for others and humility. Your journey is mine. Mark
Whole Dental Health Contents
1. Journey’s Introduction
2. Mark and Toni’s Learning Odyssey July – August 2019 France, England, Scotland and the USA
- England – Surrey, Hampshire and London.
- France – Provence.
- France – Dordogne.
- France – Loire Valley.
- France and England – Champagne and Somerset.
- Scotland – The Highlands.
- USA – Portland and Boulder.
3. Mark’s Professional Development Plan and Reflection
- A New Hope? Re-Registration for Dental Professionals in New Zealand. A Whole Dental Health Perspective, Appraisal and Reflection.
- A Personal and Professional Reflective Journey into an Unknown and Uncertain Future. Whole Dental Health, A Brave New World.
- Developing my PDA’s and PDP in the Light of Future Changes to Recertification. Redesigning from 2019 to 2022. Whole Dental Health – A Brave New World.
- 9/11:20 Workplace Learning @ Quin and reflection.
- Quin Dental Orthodontic/Tropic Hygiene Protocol.
- Quin /Nelson Dental Centre Hygiene Protocol.
- 2020, The year that wasn’t and was. A personal reflection. Never gonna give you up!
- Final thoughts and reflections on a new world country gone mad. The end of the whole dental health project and the beginning of another.
4. Ecological and Environmental Oral Health – Working with Nature
- Environmental Oral Hygiene – A Sustainable Approach to Whole Dental Health – Introduction and Intention.
- Joellen Coates – University of Wyoming – Honours Thesis – “Got Teeth? How the Oral Microbiome and Diet Affects our Oral Health and the Future of Dentistry.” Aligned with Whole Dental Health? A Reflection.
- The Oral, Systemic and Metabolic links to Whole Dental Health. A Personal Journey and Overview.
- Sustaining Host and Ecological Co-existence within the Habitat of the Mouth. A Whole Dental Health Journey.
5. Action Research – Inquiry Learning
- Context – The first step in this long journey of new knowledge creation through action research – 2017
- Action Research – At the Beginning.
- My Living Contradiction – A Reflection.
- O’Hehir University Project Part 1: A DCP Pilgrims Progress – A Simple Journey into Dental Health Improvement.
- O’Hehir University Project Part 2: A DCP Pilgrims Progress – A Simple Journey into Dental Health Improvement.
- Unorthodoxy in Learning. Testing a Workplace Concept – Carl R. Rogers – Supporting Authentic Online Learning at O’Hehir University – A Narrative Account.
- Airflow Action Research – Product into Practice.
- Mentoring – Guiding the Learning Journey.
- Designing Hygiene Intervention Protocols for my Practice – Whole Dental Health – Part’s 1 and 2.
6. Functional Foods, Pre and Probiotics
- Xylitol: In the Dock and in the Surgery.
- Fluid Food for Thought – Health Benefits of Red Wine, Beer, Green Tea, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Recommended Dosages. A Whole Dental Health Reflective Perspective.
- Honey, Propolis, Fungi and Mushrooms, Uncommon Allies in Dental Healthcare and Humanity? A Reflective Personal and Professional Journey.
7. Azithromycin and Xylitol
- Azithromycin – The Final Ecological Solution?
- Doing the White Thing? Reviewing and Changing my Practice in the Light of Evidence, Experience and Reflection.
8. Water Fluoridation and Alienation
- Understanding the Nature and Intent of the Anti-Water Fluoridation Movement in the Context of My Workplace – A Whole Dental Health Reflection.
9. Myo Facial Therapy
- Mr James Nestor – Breath – Oro Myofunctional Therapy – Kimberley Benkert. A Review and Reflection, Ongoing.
10. Thought Leaders in Natural Health
- Progressive Dental Nutrition? Relating the Lessons of the Past with the Present. Weston A. Price
- The Gang of Five. Alternative approaches to Dental Disease Prevention and Celebrating the Diversity of Progressive opinions. Whole Dental Health and Beyond.
- Reflections – Robert Lustig’s Metabolical Chapter 5 and O’Hehir University’s Recent Interview With Me.
11. Oral Hygiene Products
- Ingredients in toothpastes, Pro and Prebiotics we sell at Quin.
12. Behaviour Change
- Motivational Interviewing is a Collaborative Style of Counselling which is both Client Centred and Directed to Help Recognise a Problem that is an Issue for Them and They (may) want to do Something about.
13. Offtheplot – A Journey into Tangental Learning
- Too bee or not too bee? Is that the question? Part 1.
- Mushroom Supernova – Tangential Learning in Temperamental Times and Temperate Places.
14. Mark’s Bio and Resume
15. Mentoring with Mark
16. Elemental Dental Health – Ongoing in England
- A Year to the Day 02 September 2020, a Reflection on a Radical Year. September 2019 – August 2020.