This testament is dedicated to all those who express learning through a spectrum of experiences, curiosity, loving kindness, respect for others and humility. Your journey is mine. Mark
To our children, Arran, Chrissie, Naomi, Dale and Cam who directed their own learning, created their opportunities and never gave up.
To all of those who believed in me, especially the one I love.
Whole Dental Health Contents
1. Journey’s Introduction
2. Mark and Toni’s Learning Odyssey July – August 2019 France, England, Scotland and the USA
- England – Surrey, Hampshire and London.
- France – Provence.
- France – Dordogne.
- France – Loire Valley.
- France and England – Champagne and Somerset.
- Scotland – The Highlands.
- USA – Portland and Boulder.
3. Mark’s Professional Development Plan and Reflection
- A New Hope? Re-Registration for Dental Professionals in New Zealand. A Whole Dental Health Perspective, Appraisal and Reflection.
- A Personal and Professional Reflective Journey into an Unknown and Uncertain Future. Whole Dental Health, A Brave New World.
- Developing my PDA’s and PDP in the Light of Future Changes to Recertification. Redesigning from 2019 to 2022. Whole Dental Health – A Brave New World.
- 9/11:20 Workplace Learning @ Quin and reflection.
- Quin Dental Orthodontic/Tropic Hygiene Protocol.
- Quin /Nelson Dental Centre Hygiene Protocol.
- 2020, The year that wasn’t and was. A personal reflection. Never gonna give you up!
4. Ecological and Environmental Oral Health – Working with Nature
- Environmental Oral Hygiene – A Sustainable Approach to Whole Dental Health – Introduction and Intention.
- Joellen Coates – University of Wyoming – Honours Thesis – “Got Teeth? How the Oral Microbiome and Diet Affects our Oral Health and the Future of Dentistry.” Aligned with Whole Dental Health? A Reflection.
- The Oral, Systemic and Metabolic links to Whole Dental Health. A Personal Journey and Overview.
- Sustaining Host and Ecological Co-existence within the Habitat of the Mouth. A Whole Dental Health Journey.
5. Action Research – Inquiry Learning
- Context – The first step in this long journey of new knowledge creation through action research – 2017
- Action Research – At the Beginning.
- My Living Contradiction – A Reflection.
- O’Hehir University Project Part 1: A DCP Pilgrims Progress – A Simple Journey into Dental Health Improvement.
- O’Hehir University Project Part 2: A DCP Pilgrims Progress – A Simple Journey into Dental Health Improvement.
- Unorthodoxy in Learning. Testing a Workplace Concept – Carl R. Rogers – Supporting Authentic Online Learning at O’Hehir University – A Narrative Account.
- Airflow Action Research – Product into Practice.
- Mentoring – Guiding the Learning Journey.
- Designing Hygiene Intervention Protocols for my Practice – Whole Dental Health – Part’s 1 and 2.
6. Functional Foods, Pre and Probiotics
- Xylitol: In the Dock and in the Surgery.
- Fluid Food for Thought – Health Benefits of Red Wine, Beer, Green Tea, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Recommended Dosages. A Whole Dental Health Reflective Perspective.
- Honey, Propolis, Fungi and Mushrooms, Uncommon Allies in Dental Healthcare and Humanity? A Reflective Personal and Professional Journey.
7. Azithromycin and Xylitol
- Azithromycin – The Final Ecological Solution?
- Doing the White Thing? Reviewing and Changing my Practice in the Light of Evidence, Experience and Reflection.
8. Water Fluoridation and Alienation
- Understanding the Nature and Intent of the Anti-Water Fluoridation Movement in the Context of My Workplace – A Whole Dental Health Reflection.
9. Myo Facial Therapy
10. Thought Leaders in Natural Health
- Progressive Dental Nutrition? Relating the Lessons of the Past with the Present. Weston A. Price
- The Gang of Five. Alternative approaches to Dental Disease Prevention and Celebrating the Diversity of Progressive opinions. Whole Dental Health and Beyond.
11. Oral Hygiene Products
- Ingredients in toothpastes, Pro and Prebiotics we sell at Quin.
12. Behaviour Change
- Motivational Interviewing is a Collaborative Style of Counselling which is both Client Centred and Directed to Help Recognise a Problem that is an Issue for Them and They (may) want to do Something about.
13. Offtheplot – A Journey into Tangental Learning
- Too bee or not too bee? Is that the question? Part 1.
14. Journey’s End?
- A Year to the Day 02 September 2020, a Reflection on a Radical Year. September 2019 – August 2020.